Health Surveillance is about watching out for early signs of work related ill health in employees exposed to certain health risks. It means putting in place certain procedures to achieve this. The procedures may include, general observation of any work related condition, periodic medical examinations and more detailed medical examination if indicated.
Pre Employment Assessments
Pre employment assessment is done to manage pre existing medical conditions from new recruits and that any work being undertaken does not exacerbate a pre existing medical condition. In times of growth, employers make significant investments in seeking the right people with appropriate experience and skills. It is therefore logical to assess an employee’s health to ensure that they are physically suitable to the demands of the job. TMS is able to provide a range of pre employment screens, which designed to identify potential medical problems enabling you to be aware of specific concerns and make appropriate judgement.
Pre employment assessment may last between 1-3 hours depending on the type of employment and the complexity of medical examination required. An employee will go through a variety of tests including the key health metrics which include height, weight, BMI, BP, urinalysis, HGT, vision, audiometry, lung function assessment, ECG, and Chest x-ray. At the end of the assessment TMS doctor will provide the employer with a written non clinical report as to the fitness of the individual in respect to the position being applied for.
Corporate doctor consultation
This service can be pre arranged to meet with company employees at corporate offices, but limited examination will be provided. Standard appointment is 15 minutes and more time can be allocated at an additional cost, if required. Corporate clients are able to book an appointment by email.
HIV/AIDS wellness programme
This service is offered to address various factors pertaining to the impact of HIV/AIDS at workplace.
TMS team will address the following headings regarding HIIV/AIDS
- Management of the psychological aspect of people infected and affected by HIV/AIDS
- Behavioural change or modification
- Abstinence from sexual intercourse
- Practice sexual intercourse through the use of condoms
- Establishment of support structures
- Dealing with stigma attached to HIV/AIDS
- Encourage screening through HIV counselling and testing (HCT) with the view of early diagnosis and appropriate intervention
- Management of opportunistic infections; that is infections caused by immunosuppression.
Corporate flu vaccinations
Flu is one of the most common reason for short term absence from employment and symptoms can last up to a week depending on the severity. Employees can miss even more work days when a member of the family is affected by flu.
TMS offers a personalised medical service for employees this season. Our mobile medical clinic can attend to your company with one of our highly qualified medical personnel to vaccinate all your employees, without a standard call out charge.
This service will drastically reduce an employee ‘s time away from work, and thus improve productivity.Email now to book for your company’s personalised on site flu clinic.
Tips to avoid flu
5 steps to keep you and your families healthy and safe:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth or nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Keep up with health information in your own community.